Development of Scientific Ideas and Reasoning - Tool Box
- Children and adolescent intellectual development resources
- Causes of misconceptions, naive understandings, or perceptual understandings
- Science knowledge base with concepts & misconceptions for science inquiry, investigation, reasoning, or experimentation (ethnographic & experimental) . Information was compiled from observing different ages of students answering or attempting to answer questions that involved using observation of variables to explain a cause and effect relationship.
- Using a discrepent event to assess understanding of temperature - interview related to the activities in Energy transfer: Heat & temperature.
- Characteristics related to the development of science talent
Reflective analysis of student development to their responses in activities
- Science journals for an - Aquarium terrarium investigation - focuses on teacher's notes of student responses as - observational evidence for reasonable inferences for the student activity - Build a terrarium and aquarium system and record what happens ...
- Using information from interviews of preschoolers to science literate adults to map the development for the understanding Magnetism.
- Student discussion about - Reproduction of moths and butterflies.
Discrepent activities with student responses and developmental analysis
- Discrepent activity Jar with lid and two holes held underwater with student results classified into three categories - diagram 4 Jars under water
- Discrepent activity - Cartesian Diver with explanation | Video only | Activity plan for Grade 3-4 Cartesian Diver Activity | Activity plan for Grade 5-6 Cartesian Diver Activity | Cartesian diver and development with operational definitions |
- Discrepent activity - Pressure
- Discrepent activity - Weight and Gravity and a summary of findings and misconceptions found from interviewing students
Discrepent Activities - no responses and no developmental explanations
- Activities that are often Discrepant Events - and challenge activities & PLS which may also be used as discrepent activities
- Discrepent activity - Animals
- Discrepent activity - Plants K-3 | Plants 4+ |
- Discrepent activity - Cells
- Discrepent activity - Living
- Discrepent activity - - Nature of science - evidence, theory, hypothesis - dinosaur extinction
- Discrepent activity - Electric circuit - one bulb, battery, wire
- Discrepent activity - Floating - density - capacity of objects
- Discrepent activity - Chemical change